Saturday, July 11, 2009

In the Lion's Den

Spring 2009

My name comes from the Bible.

Daniel in the lion’s den.

It was my mom’s idea. I think. But I go by other names. I always liked Danny. That’s what I have gone by until last year. You can tell when someone met me by what they call me. If they knew me before I was sixteen I was Danny. After I was Daniel. Daniel makes it professional. Daniel in the lion’s den. Not Danny.

When I went in for my first job interview my boss opened up with “Hey DAN!”

I didn’t want to start my career correcting my boss. So I became Dan at work. Daniel was in the lion’s den. Not Dan.

At Open School people called by my relation to my brother. Little Pedro. Emmanuel’s brother. Dan-manuel. Finally he left and I became Danny again. It was Daniel in the lion’s den. Not Little Pedro. Not Emmanuel’s brother. Not Dan-manuel.

I was talking to my brother.

Hey it’s Danny.

Don’t you think its time you stop using that nickname.


Hey it’s Daniel.

Daniel was in the lion’s den.

Danny in the lion’s den.

Dan in the lion’s den.

Little Pedro, Dan-manuel. Emmanuel’s brother are in the lion’s den.

I am in the lion’s den.

No comments: